WIT Legal, LLC (“WIT”) is the world’s only expert witness agency representing the world’s top expert witnesses in complex, high stakes legal disputes. WIT identifies emerging trends in litigation and builds world-class teams of consulting and testifying experts to support parties in those cases as they develop.
WIT is seeking a driven and passionate individual to join our Operations team as an Associate in NYC. This entry-level role provides research, recruiting, database, and administrative support to the team. This is an extremely exciting opportunity to learn the expert witness recruiting and consulting industry from world-class professionals. Our Associates partner with our Affiliate Manager and Case Management team to collectively identify expert witnesses for our law firm clients to support their positions in high-stakes, complex litigation and grow our affiliate network.
The ideal candidate is analytical, excels at complex problem solving, enjoys a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and holds core values that are essential to WIT’s success and culture, including strong ethics, collaboration, commitment to quality, and passion for success and growth.
- Provide research, recruiting, and database support relating to the identification, vetting, and retention of academic and industry experts.
- Implement research plans defined by Case Management to identify potential expert candidates to fill specific client needs.
- Work closely with the Affiliate Manager to identify and recruit diverse expert candidates that are in high demand for our clients.
- Manage communication with experts by email, phone, and video.
- Interview experts for general and specific roles.
- Provide database support to the operations team, including maintaining company Customer Relationship Management (CRM), conducting background checks and reference checks, and maintaining accurate records.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, or Physics required.
- Highly proficient in the following skills are vital for success in this role:
- problem solving
- Possess a high aptitude for conducting detailed research using CRM, Westlaw, and additional legal databases. Training on these systems will be provided.
- Superior communication skills – we are committed to extremely high-caliber client service/output that requires accurate, fluent, and confident oral and written communications.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and handle sensitive/confidential matters with discretion and professionalism.
- Excited to learn new things and adaptable to change.
WIT is an equal opportunity employer. WIT will not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, on the basis of race, creed, sex, color, national origin/ancestry, gender, age, religion, genetic information, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, expression or identity, political activity, criminal accusation, domestic violence victim status, use of a service animal, use of tobacco products, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. WIT’s policy and practice are to recruit, hire, assign, advance, compensate, develop, train, and retain applicants and/or employees solely on the basis of qualifications and contributions to our business, and all employment decisions will be administered in a nondiscriminatory manner.Submit Resume