The broad adoption of wireless technology across industries creates opportunities and challenges for companies looking to defend or expand their stake in the market. WIT has teams of wireless communication experts with decades of experience working in the space and who know the hardware, software, and standards that govern them.
Wireless communications technology has evolved to create a path for certain litigation involving major industry players, FRAND determinations, infrastructure design, and more. Our teams of wireless communication experts have a deep understanding of the industry landscape and use their knowledge to best inform counsel involved in cases regarding:
- Wireless hardware and software
- Antenna, sensor, and cellular design
- Wireless standards (e.g., 2G/3G, 4G/LTE/LTE-A, 5G, 6G, Bluetooth, and more)
- FRAND licensing analysis and rate-setting
- Competitive intelligence
- Streaming, video compression, and signal processing
As technology advances, wireless standards evolve to improve service capabilities and market availability. And while this creates opportunity for ongoing innovation, it also sets a path for a steady stream of litigation.
WIT knows that interconnected devices are now a market requirement, and our teams of experts are ready to use their decades of experience in wireless communications to help mitigate the risks and amplify the opportunities associated with growth in 5G, 6G, and beyond.
WIT represents experts who are esteemed academics, experienced industry insiders, and subject area specialists. We provide expert analysis across our clients’ diverse needs, whether it be to understand specific standards, explain industry practices and policies, or opine on matters involving high-level FRAND and damages analyses. Their expertise covers:
- 4G Technology
- 4G/5G Patent Pool Economics
- 5G/6G Technology (including Rel. 16)
- 802.x.x Technology and Standards
- SEP/FRAND Analyses and Rate
- ADAS and IoT-specific Standards
- Company Policies and Practice in Standards Bodies
- NPE Litigation Strategies
- Patent Portfolio Valuation