The start of the 2020s signaled a new frontier in financial technology as cryptocurrencies, NFTs, and new trading platforms surged in terms of value and investor interest. But the volatile nature of these digital assets has created significant legal risks and civil and criminal actions as crypto asset values fall, companies collapse, fraud is uncovered, and investors retreat.
The cryptocurrency industry’s rapid growth has created an unstable market that lacks regulatory oversight, making it ripe for complex litigation including SEC enforcement actions and DOJ criminal prosecutions, consumer class actions, bankruptcies, and securities disputes. We affiliate with world-class cryptocurrency experts that include top academics, industry veterans, and technical subject matter experts in virtual assets, trading platforms, and industry standards and policies.
WIT is uniquely positioned to assist counsel and their clients in active litigation matters, and in assessing and avoiding the potential civil and criminal liabilities that might arise as the regulatory landscape in the crypto industry continues to evolve.
Our team of diverse experts has the knowledge and expertise to address a myriad of issues.
- Cryptocurrency experts on exchanges and virtual currencies like stablecoins
- Trading software engineers on crypto trading platform development and management
- Crypto trading specialists on crypto trading desk operations
- Former crypto issuers on the development and issuance of ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings)
- Crypto ethics experts on the ethical practices surrounding the use and trading cryptocurrencies
- Former investment industry insiders on decentralized finance (DeFi), smart contracts, and industry best practices
WIT represents experts who are former Wall Street executives, traders, technologists, academics, and crypto experts that specialize in cases involving complex financial products, currency exchanges, crypto assets, trading platforms, and industry-specific M&A and accounting issues. Their expertise covers:
- Blockchain Entries
- Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs)
- Cryptocurrency Exchanges
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi)
- Digital Wallets
- Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs)
- Network Security and Cryptography
- Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs)
- Regulatory and Compliance
- Trading Platforms
- Virtual Tokens