A growing consumer desire for flexible, real-time transactions catalyzes competition in the development of emerging payment systems technology—from mobile apps to virtual currencies—and drives opportunities for litigation.
The payment systems market is at an inflection point likely to be shaped by legal disputes, including SEC enforcement actions on crypto platforms, regulatory matters concerning fiduciary compliance and data privacy, antitrust and patent disputes between legacy financial providers and new fintech companies, and class action lawsuits alleging fraud. We affiliate with leading payment systems experts who understand the parties, opportunities, and risks associated with this evolution.
WIT stays ahead of the curve on the legal and technical issues facing payments technology and has built a multidisciplinary expert team to address all angles of emerging payments litigation. Our payment systems experts include prominent academics, industry veterans, and technical subject matter authorities in banking systems, fintech, mobile digital transactions, cryptocurrencies, blockchain, and more.
Payment Systems Expert Team
Our team of diverse experts has the knowledge and expertise to address a myriad of issues.
- Former banking executives on banking policies, standards, and compliance
- Payment processing specialists on SWIFT, payment rails, and point-of-sale (POS) transactions
- Fintech software engineers on open banking technology, apps, and APIs
- Digital transaction specialists on mobile deposits, smart cards, and digital wallets
- Cryptocurrencies experts on virtual currencies and exchanges
- Former investment banking insiders on decentralized finance (DeFi) and smart contracts
- Computer scientists on biometric technology, data security, and cryptography
WIT represents experts who are esteemed academics, experienced industry insiders, and subject area specialists. We have built an expert team that is well equipped to address our clients’ needs, whether they be to understand specific electronic payments technologies, explain industry practices and policies, or to opine on matters that involve damages analyses. Their expertise covers:
- Banking Industry Policies and Standards
- Biometric Technology
- Blockchain, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), and Smart Contracts
- Core Network Payment Processing
- Cryptocurrencies and Digital Assets
- Data Security
- Digital Wallets
- Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT)
- FinTech Software and Apps
- Mobile Deposits and Payment Technology
- Open Banking Technology and APIs
- Payment Rails (ACH, Credit Card, P2P, RTP)
- Point-of-Sale Devices
- RFID, NFC Technologies
- Regulatory and Compliance
- Smart Cards